Friday 27 August 2010

Drake & Nicki Minaj Married? Footage? Video? [Billboard Article]

Did Drake and Nicki Minaj get married, or are they just using Twitter to faux-fulfill their fans' dreams of a royal hip-hop coupling?  Young Money's prince and princess tweeted each other on Friday afternoon (Aug. 27) about supposedly getting hitched, and their followers went into a re-tweeting frenzy when Minaj wrote, "Yes, its true. Drake and I tied the knot."

Shortly afterward, Drake tweeted, "Please refer to @nickiminaj as Mrs. Aubrey Drake Graham and don't stare at her too long. She's finally mine. :)"  Asked whether Drake and Minaj really did get married, a source close to both artists would neither confirm or deny the tweets, but alluded to them being a joke.


On the track "Miss Me" off his debut album "Thank Me Later," Drake rhymed, "I love Nicki Minaj, I told her, I'd admit it/I hope one day we get married just to say we f***ing did it/And girl, I'm f***ing serious with it if you with it/'Cause your verses turn me on, and your pants are mighty fitted." 


No comments: